Friday, November 04, 2005

The O.C. Report

In a word: YAWWNNNNNN...

Of course Ryan came back. Could the show survive sweeps month with him at sea the whole time? No suspense there at all. The only surprise was Marissa's comparing Ryan to her daddy. Psychoanalyze *that*, if you will...I always did think she had a bit of an Electra complex, that girl.

And that whole teacher-student liaison thing? In the words of "Taylor trash" herself: that is *so* mid-90's. At least the dean-from-hell is gone...and I hope he's taking that stupid powder-blue vest with him. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the Taylor girl, though.

I will confess I did tear up a bit when Ryan said that line to Marissa about his future being in Newport with her. Then, of course, our preview for next week shows signs that he may have to rethink that one. Not sure what to make of Marissa's surfer dude. It's easy to think he set up Ryan's deep-sea fishing adventure in order to get a chance with Marissa...but he actually came across as a straight-up guy. (Then again, so did Zack from last season.)

The whole plotline involving Jeri Ryan isn't doing squat for me. I missed the last couple of episodes so I don't really know what her deal is - but what do I know is that when a creepy blond woman pops out of nowhere and offers you a free luxury condo, your best bet is to run as fast as you can. Julie may be desperate, but she's no fool. As she put it (with perfect Julie delivery), "If there's one thing I've learned, there's no such thing as a free lunch." And any woman who tries to out-scheme or out-evil Madam Cooper-Nichol is going to have her hands full. I suppose that could be mildly entertaining, but I'm not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, hearing everyone talking about college is making me wonder what the show's writers are going to do next season. Will they pull a "90210" and have everyone go to some local school? Probably. Will Seth head east and break the fabulous foursome? Possibly. Is it a bad sign that I don't really care? Definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home