Wednesday, April 22, 2009

No AI Recap This Week

Got caught at work again, and even though I have the episode DVR'd, I don't think I'll have time to recap it before the results show tomorrow night.

From what I hear, against all odds Disco Week wasn't a complete disaster. Actually, that isn't so surprising to me - it's often the weeks you think will be iffy that turn out to be good, and vice versa.

I'm not too happy about the impending double elimination. I wish Lil and Danny would go away - I'm tired of them both - but while Lil is possible, I'm pretty sure Danny's around for the long haul. All I can say is if Kris and Anoop are the ones to go, I'll lose a lot of motivation to watch the rest of the season. I just don't care that much about the other contestants, even as I recognize Adam's and Allison's talent (and Matt's too, for that matter, though I still don't like his voice).

For me, Kris has hands down the best musical instincts, tastes, and sensibilities of the group, and in his own quiet, low-key way is right up there with Adam and Allison for confidence and stage presence. Anoop isn't, but I think I like the pure tone of his *voice* - as well as his musical phrasing - the best of this bunch, and his post-college persona appeals to me. He can't win, but I would like him to make top five. Unfortunately, if the past few weeks are any indicator, he's not likely to survive this week. Which makes me sad.

We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed for the top 5 I want: Kris, Adam, Allison, Anoop, and Matt. Especially Kris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home