Wednesday, July 22, 2015

PSA: Read me on THE FILM EXPERIENCE!

For those of you who are still checking this blog occasionally (thank you!), apologies for my recent inactivity. I got sidetracked partly by life, partly by the fact that I was invited to start writing for my favorite movie blog (which you should *totally* be reading if you aren't already and you like this blog), THE FILM EXPERIENCE. Most of my blogging energies inevitably got redirected to TFE; you can find my posts - including the rest of my MAD MEN recaps - under my name tag.

I'll still try to post on my own blog when I can - I meant to do a spring movie roundup/summer movie preview, but to be honest was feeling "meh" enough about both the spring and summer lineup that I didn't bother. I may do a fuller roundup by Labor Day, but at the mid-summer point, here's an overview of what I've thought of the movies I've seen since March:

Movies I really liked:
SEYMOUR - AN INTRODUCTION (must-see for anyone who loves classical music, but worth seeing for anyone interested in the art of teaching, performance, or both)

Movies I liked:
LOVE & MERCY
INSIDE OUT
FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD
EX MACHINA
CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA

Movies that were just ok:
THE AVENGERS - AGE OF ULTRON
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (I know I'm in the minority there)
ME & EARL & THE DYING GIRL (I go back & forth on this one, but it isn't aging particularly well in my memory)
TESTAMENT OF YOUTH

Movies I thought were stupid:
JURASSIC WORLD

Movies I'm still hoping to see:
AMY (the Amy Winehouse documentary)
TRAINWRECK
I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home