Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Mad Men"'s Moment

I'm supposed to be working today, but I had to take the time to share this lovely cover story from the Sunday New York Times on one of my favorite TV shows:

"Mad Men" Has Its Moment

A lot of it reads, curiously, like a persistent attempt to psychoanalyze the show's creator, Matthew Weiner (who sounds a bit, um, difficult to work for), but since "Mad Men" pretty much springs Athena-like from his brain, maybe that is the right approach. Not many crumbs for those looking for spoilers, but still a most tantalizing teaser.

Season 2 premieres about a month from now - Sunday, July 27, at 10 pm on AMC. Newbies, I recommend checking out season 1, which will be available on DVD as of July 1. I'm sure AMC will be doing reruns, too, before the new season.

2 Comments:

Blogger EC said...

I think all of the Mad Men fans read the profile in the hopes of a hint of what happens in Season 2, but Weiner is very intent on not letting any spoilers out.

I cannot help but root for Ms. Peggy Olsen.

12:46 PM  
Blogger lylee said...

Yeah, there's a MM fan site called "Basket of Kisses" that had some spoilers for season 2 but then quickly pulled them after word got out about Weiner getting all PO'd about the leakage.

Peggy's got what it takes, I think. Though I'm also interested to see what becomes of Betty. I think there's more to her than meets the eye.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home