Thursday, October 21, 2004

Who's your daddy NOW?

I'm no baseball lover, I'll admit it. I've always, however, rooted for the Red Sox, having had lifelong ties to Boston. Or maybe I'm just rooting for the Red Sox fans. I've felt their pain - last year especially, when I was still living in Beantown and made the mistake of watching Game 7 of the ALCS. Now, even 3000 miles away, I can feel their joy - and, no doubt sweetest of all, their glee at finally, FINALLY seeing their team dismantle what has to be the smuggest and most virulently hated sports franchise team in this country. First the Lakers, now the Yankees - is this the year for evil empires to crumble and fall? Can this pattern extend outside the world of sports? John Kerry, if your home team wins it all, can you follow their example?

Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home