Monday, July 20, 2009

A Month of Passings

In the past month, as I've been settling in to my new home and new job, there have been many passings of individuals of note. I don't really have anything to say about any of them that hasn't already been said. Still, here is my moment of silence for

FRANK MCCOURT - thank you for Angela's Ashes

WALTER CRONKITE - and the ideals of journalistic dignity and integrity he represented

ROBERT MCNAMARA - the walking moral conundrum

KARL MALDEN - for his extraordinary embodiments of ordinary men

MJ - the musician and performer, who will endure, whatever else about him may not.

Exemplary lives or tarnished legacies, these are people to remember. May they all rest in peace (yes, even you, Bob McNamara).

2 Comments:

Blogger LVJeff said...

Curiously, no Farrah Fawcett or Ed McMahon?

1:08 PM  
Blogger lylee said...

I guess their deaths didn't affect me as much. But it has been a bad summer for celebrity passings, that's for sure.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home